Tefal Cuisine Companion. {The Event and the Cooking.}

March 11, 2015 · 20 comments

I have been busting my buttons trying to find time to post about my flying trip up to Sydney last week to check out the Tefal Cuisine Companion.   Sometime, as bloggers, we are lucky enough to get invited to take part in some seriously fun  and exciting  projects  and for me this is one of those.    Along with a small team of other Aussie foodie and parenting bloggers I got see how this little baby works first-hand in the masterchef-esk kitchens of the Sydney Seafood School.  Impressive stuff.    But that’s not the end of this tale.   I also got to bring home my very own Cuisine Companion.   It would be an understatement to say that being one of the first people in Australia to test drive this awesome piece of French design in my own kitchen has had me a little  excited ….. a complete understatement.

A Tefal-Cuisine-Companion

It was a ‘flying trip’ to Sydney in the true sense of the words.   I’m pretty sure Jac (Common Chaos Chronicles) and I spent more time in cars, planes, taxis and airport waiting areas than anything else.  But even so it was quite the adventure for us country gals.  Nothing like some good company to pass the travel time.

CommonChaos and CazFilmerWrites

The event itself was top-notch.  Beautiful, informative and fun.   After a short demonstration we all got to cook up our own culinary masterpiece with the Cuisine Companion in the state of the art kitchens of the Sydney Seafood School.     By the end of the night we all, the cooks and the non-cooks alike, had made a delicious risotto or a sumptuous baked cheese cake.  (I know – so clever.)  Then we were all seated at a gorgeous banquet table in the cooking school dinning room to enjoy our handiwork.   It was a fabulous evening with excellent company and, if I do say so myself, delicious food.

Cuisine Companion Kitchen

A few more extended taxi rides and delayed flights later and Jac and I landed back in Melbourne with our carefully guarded Cuisine Companions – all set to embark on a new adventure in family cooking.  I’d secretly made a deal with myself that I was going to use the Cuisine Companion, now known as Cee Cee to her friends, to cook for my family everyday.    If you follow me on Instagram you’ll  know I’ve pretty much kept to this plan (and you may well be cursing my over-abundance of foodie posts).  I have made beautiful chicken stock, nut butters, perfect meringues, delicious risotto, corn fritters, home-made tomato sauce,  ratatouille, beef stroganoff, short-crust pastry biscuits, soups and taco filling.  Yup, my family has eaten very well for the past few days.  And better still, for the first time in a long (LONG) time, I am actually enjoying cooking for them.

CC collage

Over the next few months I’ll be updating you on how Cee Cee and I are getting along.  Let’s be honest, right at the moment I am still in the first flushes of love with her.  She is intuitive, clever, well designed and makes cooking a breeze.  (What more could you want in a great relationship!)  The good people at Tefal will be setting me some cooking challenges and I’ll be posting some of my favourite recipes and letting you know what it is, or isn’t, that makes this little French cooking machine great.    There is a lot to talk about and much cooking to be done.  And I, for one, am looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds.

signature new smaller

1 Mat May 17, 2015 at 4:11 pm

Hi Caz, we also went on Thursday night to purchase one and were slightly disappointed when we were told that Tefal send them out. Anyway our should arrive tomorrow. Can’t wait πŸ™‚

2 Bobbi April 26, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Hi Caz,
Today my husband and I decided to purchase a TCC.
We had to travel over 100 kms to a harvey norman store that stocked them… or not as the case may be. Our local store does not have them.
We got there had a look, paid the huge amount of money and were told it would be shipped within 2 working days. The sales person then logged on to the tefal website and ordered it online HullOOOOOOOOOOO I could have done that and not spent half my driving to Melbourne to a place I didnt want to go. Im feeling really flat. Laying out all of that money and then having to wait for them to deliver it. One of the reasons we didnt go with the thermomix was the waiting and what I feel are ridiculous restrictions re having a demonstration prior to purchase etc and having to wait. All in all I feel very underwhelmed by the experience so far. The salesperson also said I could purchase another bowl from Tefal but I cant find where?
Im hoping the yuckiness of my experience will evaporate once i get my TCC (my husband is raring and ready to give tefal some significant feedback and an invoice for petrol). Im itching to start cooking! I think it is important people know you cant just go in a buy one and take it home with you. Looking forward to sharing recipes and ideas Cheers Bobbi

3 Caz April 26, 2015 at 4:23 pm

Oh Bobbi, that’s not so great. I didn’t realise you can’t get them in our home town!! And they wouldn’t let you do it over the phone? Crazy. I seriously hope the experience gets MUCH MUCH better for you once it arrives. (I’m pretty sure it will.)

4 EssentiallyJess March 13, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Cee Cee is much less of a mouthful to say! I love it πŸ™‚
I need to play with mine more. I’ve had a few goes but I would love some uninterrupted hours to give it a real whirl. What I have done, though, has been so good.
We had home made pasta last night. Yum!
EssentiallyJess recently posted..In The PictureMy Profile

5 Kristyn March 11, 2015 at 4:35 pm

I’m scared to use it for meringue as I always eff them up in the past. It’ll be a challenge!

6 Caz March 11, 2015 at 6:24 pm

Its way to easy with this thing Kristyn. You will laugh at how easy it is.

7 Cyndie March 11, 2015 at 3:20 pm

Great to see you have been using your Tefal Cuisine Companion so much already! I have been very unwell and only starting to feel better so sadly I haven’t been able to do any cooking!!!! But I have booked marked so many recipes I want to try already! What a fabulous appliance πŸ™‚
Cyndie recently posted..Shortcrust Pastry Express (using MyCook Premium)My Profile

8 Caz March 11, 2015 at 3:28 pm

I am loving it Cyndie. But I will be very interested to read about how you find it too – coming from more of a foodie perspective. As a very average type of cook I think it’s amazing.
Caz recently posted..Unplugged {Social Media Free Saturdays}My Profile

9 Caz March 11, 2015 at 3:29 pm

PS: Glad you hear you’re feeling better. Nothing worse than illness that lingers on.
Caz recently posted..Tefal Cuisine Companion. {The Event and the Cooking.}My Profile

10 Emma March 11, 2015 at 12:31 pm

Is there an RRP out for it?

11 Caz March 11, 2015 at 12:46 pm
12 Bobbi March 11, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Who hoo I followed the link. Is it that good?

13 Caz March 11, 2015 at 6:58 pm

Hey Bobbi πŸ™‚ Well I love it so I think so. Maybe hop along to Harvey Norman and check it out thou.
Caz recently posted..Unplugged {Social Media Free Saturdays}My Profile

14 Vinz Salvador March 12, 2015 at 3:32 pm

Hey Caz, I really liked the article and the link you posted. Thanks for sharing it.

15 Lizzy (Good Things) March 11, 2015 at 9:42 am

Loving mine… I’ve used it every day! Will be looking forward to what deliciousness you create.
Lizzy (Good Things) recently posted..On making cloud-like pork and chicken wontons and (short) brothMy Profile

16 Caz March 11, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Thanks Lizzy πŸ™‚ I am loving watching too. Looking forward to some good advice from your cooking files. Thanks for dropping by.

17 Lizzy (Good Things) March 24, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Many thanks! Happy CC cooking xox
Lizzy (Good Things) recently posted..Apple and bacon potato mash – heaven and earth (himmel und erde)My Profile

18 Cathy Nicholas March 11, 2015 at 5:42 am

Seriously. How lucky are you? Looking forward to hearing if your cooking motivation hangs around. That could make this machine very worth the price.

19 Caz March 11, 2015 at 6:36 am

Fingers crossed Cathy. Made some more chicken stock yesterday so thinking Risotto for tea tonight.

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 1 trackback }