This is a sponsored giveaway for Peppercorn Foods
I love a good snag, especially if it’s cooked on the BBQ. Not surprisingly when I embarked on my 2014 unprocessed challenge sausages were one of the things I dithered about most. Dropping the bread and sauce didn’t really phase me, but the actual sausage that was just asking a bit much. So as a way of compromise I decided to look for a good quality gluten-free alternative that would help nourish my body – rather than filling it with fillers and low quality meats.
The Pepper Corn Food Company produce sausages (as well as burgers and meatloaf) made from best quality local ingredients that have the heart foundation tick of approval and are completely gluten-free. And as an extra added bonus, that really speaks to me, they also use fully biodegradable and compost-able packaging. Now I think you’ll agreed that’s a huge step in the right direction when it comes to company ethics.
Peppercorn sausages come in extra lean beef, chicken, pork and Italian style – all of which are available at your local Woolworths. Don’t be fooled my by cruddy barbecuing skills (I usually leave the BBQ to the Nature Boy) because they cook up a treat and are absolutely delicious. Their claim to being ‘extra lean’ proved to be pretty much spot on as they didn’t leave a single drop of fat on the grill.
Not only are the sausages lean and gluten-free but they are also flavoured beautifully. Chicken with lime and spices or pork with ginger and shallots anyone? We cooked up the chicken, pork and beef and then had a small family fight about which one was the best. It ended up being three votes for the pork and two for the beef. (Sorry chicken you were good too – just not as good as your sausage cousins!)
Cannot tell you how happy I am to have found Peppercorn sausages. $7.99 per package is a little more pricey than the regular ‘run of the mill’ BBQ snags – but the quality and taste by far makes up for the squeeze on the purse strings. In future I’ll probably freeze the Peppercorn sausages in small two packs, so I have a little supply for myself when the hankering for sausages kicks in.
Would you like to try out some delicious goodies from Peppercorn foods? I have a $100 gift pack of food products and merchandise to giveaway to someone who reads this review. Want to enter? Just follow the four steps below. ( PS: If you live outside a capital city you will receive a Woolworths gift voucher plus merchandise to the total value of $100 – as fresh product can not be transported to regional areas).
- In the comments tell me your favourite simple sausage meal for the kids or your best memory about sausages from your own childhood. The best comment, as judged by me, will win.
- Be kind enough to like Peppercorn Foods on facebook.
- Follow The Truth About Mummy in any way you like (Facebook, Twitter, Feed, email or Pinterest.)
- Please leave an email address that you check regularly – as all giveaways are redrawn if you don’t respond within 5 days.
- Giveaway is open until Midnight 26th of March 2014
- No entries will be accepted after this time.
- All decision are final and based on skill not luck.
- (Check the T&C tab for full T&C).
- Disclaimer: This is a sponsored giveaway. From time to time I accept payment from companies that I feel fit within the demographic of my blog to post about their products. I retain all creative rights and all opinions are my own. Payment does not purchase my opinion.