PbtlBsKQc7I0sxbpMzyKguLLAVA

Reading for 6-8 year olds. The Tinklers Three.

by Caz on February 11, 2014 · 17 comments

I have always loved reading to the girls.  I started with my eldest when she was three months old!  Yeah I know – a little too keen. But I loved doing it and she was happy just to be snuggled up close hearing my voice.   And do you know what – nothings changed on that front.   At nine she is  the world’s biggest bookworm and still begs me to read to her.  (Mission accomplished.)    In fact all three of my girls love being read to.

Over the Christmas holidays we were lucky enough to get sent a copy of the first book in a  brand new kids series The Tinklers Three (A Very Good Idea) by Meredith Badger  to review.   The girls decided it would be the prefect opportunity for mummy to read to them and so we did just that.   Hello lazy summer hours sprawled on the couch together – how I love you.

The Tinklers Three_A Very Good Idea 2000px

I would suggest The Tinklers Three books suit a reading age of grade two to grade four. It’s easy reading with big words that flow well.   My seven-year old re-read it herself immediately after we’d finished.   But having said that all three girls (5,7,9) loved the storyline and couldn’t wait to start each chapter to hear more about the crazy lives of the Tinklers.

Marcus Tinkler has two sisters. His big sister has an idea every time she sneezes. And his little sister … well, she thinks she is a turtle.  Marcus thinks that he is the most normal of the Tinkler children. But let me tell you a secret. Come closer so I can say it quietly: Marcus Tinkler is not really that normal. None of the Tinklers are.
Do you read to your older children?   I blame my own addiction to reading and stories on a teacher I had in primary school who read to us every day between 12.00 and 12.15.  Oh those where the days – when someone actually read to me.   Bliss.

newsignature

{ 17 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Unlock iphone mts canada June 4, 2014 at 2:01 am

The Dangers Of Unlock iphone mts canadaing Too Much – Unlock iPhone Video
powered DigitalUnlocking
Unlock iphone mts canada recently posted..Unlock iphone mts canadaMy Profile

2 diy indoor water wall fountain May 28, 2014 at 12:01 am

This website definitely has all the information I needed concerning this
subject and didn’t know who to ask.
diy indoor water wall fountain recently posted..diy indoor water wall fountainMy Profile

3 home improvement the longest day May 25, 2014 at 11:37 am

Good post however I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject?
I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more.
Cheers!
home improvement the longest day recently posted..home improvement the longest dayMy Profile

4 Brittney May 23, 2014 at 3:41 pm

My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from
PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on numerous
websites for abou a year and am worried about
switching to another platform. I havve heard excellent things about blogengine.net.
Is there a way I can ijport all my wordpress content into it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Brittney recently posted..BrittneyMy Profile

5 https://keyessay.zendesk.com/ May 23, 2014 at 6:09 am

Hi there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which
blog platform are you using for this website? I’m getting tired of Wordpress because I’ve had issues with hackers and I’m looking at alternatives
for another platform. I would be great if you could
point me in the direction of a good platform.
https://keyessay.zendesk.com/ recently posted..https://keyessay.zendesk.com/My Profile

6 persian carpets May 20, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is
a really well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it
and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post.

I’ll definitely return.
persian carpets recently posted..persian carpetsMy Profile

7 Lorenzo May 4, 2014 at 1:18 am

Why visitors still use to read news papers when in this
technological globe all is accessible on web?
Lorenzo recently posted..LorenzoMy Profile

8 home theater receiver May 3, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Thanks for your personal marvelous posting!
I definitely enjoyed reading it, you are a great author.I will make
certain to bookmark your blog and will come back down the road.

I want to encourage continue your great work, have a nice holiday weekend!
home theater receiver recently posted..home theater receiverMy Profile

9 Sonia Life Love Hiccups February 13, 2014 at 9:11 am

That actually looks like a really cool book. For some reason I stopped reading to my older ones, but now that I think about it why? I love the idea of us all sitting around even taking it in turns of reading a book. They are book worms my boys so why cant I join in the fun with them??? xx
Sonia Life Love Hiccups recently posted..Making Fruit Fun For KidsMy Profile

10 Meredith February 12, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Hi Caz,
thanks for the review of my new series – I’m so glad your girls enjoyed it. In answer to your reader’s question the series is definitely intended to appeal to boys as much as girls. And in answer to your own question I still read to my eight year old daughter. It’s pretty much our favourite time of day.
Thanks again,
Meredith Badger

11 Caz February 13, 2014 at 6:51 am

Thanks so much for dropping by Meredith and all the very best with the series. I have no doubt we will be buying the rest so we can continue to reading journey. :)
Caz recently posted..Reading for 6-8 year olds. The Tinklers Three.My Profile

12 Louise February 11, 2014 at 2:42 pm

They sound like cute books Caz. Thanks.

13 Caz February 11, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Pleasure Louise. Some of those little peeps you work with would love it I’m sure. :)
Caz recently posted..Reading for 6-8 year olds. The Tinklers Three.My Profile

14 Shelly Browne February 11, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Sounds good. Do you think boys would like it as much as girls?

15 Caz February 11, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Hey Shell :) I reckon this on would appeal to both girls and boys. It’s a little adventure story – so yeah give it a go.
Caz recently posted..Reading for 6-8 year olds. The Tinklers Three.My Profile

16 Shayne February 11, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Sounds perfect for my little hookworms (they take after their mum too) We try to read a book together in the school holidays. The last couple we have read together were The Wizard of Oz and Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. When we finished the books we watched the movies together too!

17 Caz February 11, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Oh my teacher read me both of those – plus Charlotte web. It’s all about building memories hey. I’m sure you’re kids love their reading time with mum as much as mine do.
Caz recently posted..Reading for 6-8 year olds. The Tinklers Three.My Profile