PbtlBsKQc7I0sxbpMzyKguLLAVA

Parenting: the days are long but the years are short.

by Caz on February 24, 2014 · 6 comments

Post image for Parenting: the days are long but the years are short.

So here I am.  A mum of three school kids.  (Thankfully three happy school kids.)  I have spent the past couple of weeks kicking back a bit.  Enjoying space and time to do exactly what I feel like.  I did have a million little projects I thought I’d get finalised before I geared up for work and more study – but instead I’ve just been enjoying listen to the clock ticking and the fridge whirring and doing what ever boring old thing I please.  Blissful.  Ten years of being home with little people and I’d almost forgot how amazing prolonged silence can be.

Next week I start my new job.  Next month I start a new course at Federation University.  (So I best enjoy this stillness while I can.)   I’m excited about having a new focus and the change it will bring with it – but also just a little nervous to see how it all unfolds.  I’m not sure what it will mean for this little space. I hope to keep popping in and connecting with the blogosphere – but I know it will be much less frequent.  This blog and been such a huge part of my life for the past five years and I’m so grateful I stumbled into writing it.  The friendship, fun and extra income it’s provided have been such a blessing to me and my family.   I’d hate to let go of any of that – so I won’t.

For now though I’m just sitting around pondering it all.   Thinking about the changes that are about the happen and how lucky I am to have been able to spend so much time at home with my girls.  I can still clearly remember sitting at my work-desk day dreaming about being at home with a house full of kids.  I craved it.  Now, ten odd years later, I’m at the other end of the journey and ready to move back on into the workforce.    Before my big girl was born someone told me it would be the hardest and the most  wonderful thing I would ever do, and you know what, they were 100 percent right.  I never done it so tough or enjoyed anything as much as being home with my kids.  Exhausted and frustrated by constantly living life at the end of my coping ability but amazingly glad and grateful I did it.

newsignature

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

1 home 4 betaland May 3, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Thanks to my father who told me concerning this weblog, this
web site is genuinely amazing.
home 4 betaland recently posted..home 4 betalandMy Profile

2 All Girl Massage April 17, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to this web site before but after going through some of the posts I realized
it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely happy I stumbled
upon it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back often!
All Girl Massage recently posted..All Girl MassageMy Profile

3 Kymmie April 16, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Is the whirring fridge the best space noise ever? I love your thoughts and couldn’t agree more with the days are long/years are short heading. I’m almost there with you and can smell a change in the air. It’s exciting. You can almost taste it! Beautiful post Caz. Love the way you write. X

4 Tat February 28, 2014 at 10:18 am

Best of luck with your new beginnings. It’s great to see that you’re feeling mostly happy ad excited about it. I hope I feel the same way when the time comes… right now I’m clearly not ready to move on, because I imagine myself in your shoes and I can’t help the tears.
Tat recently posted..Getting the kids out of the house is as easy as riding a bikeMy Profile

5 Shelly Browne February 26, 2014 at 6:01 am

Yes yes yes. The days do feel long – but I have no idea where the years have gone since the boys were babes. Good luck with this new phase of life Caz.

6 Talina Edwards February 25, 2014 at 9:06 pm

That quote is so true! And so was the advice you were given before having kids…I don’t think anyone told me how difficult it could be, nor how unconditional parental love could feel like it does. Goodluck with your new adventures…and I look forward to hearing your updates!
Talina Edwards recently posted..FOLIO: Sustainable House, MalvernMy Profile