“Three little school bags
sitting in a row
Three little school bags
all set to go.”
Yup. This is the year I send all three of my ‘little people’ off to school. In three weeks my baby girl will join her big sisters by clambering onto the school bus every morning – leaving mummy home alone to ponder where the past nine and a half years have gone. In lots of ways I’m all kinds of ready for this. It’s time and it feels good. I’ve been focused on babies and preschoolers for nine and a half years (wow that’s a long time people) and I’m hanging out for some fully focused me time – even if it happens while I’m at work. But then there is also a little part of me that is holding onto some serious emotional heart-break too, because my baby is starting school (sob).
So, while I hide away my bleeding heart, the kids are all starting to get excited about the new school year. I’ll have a grade 4 girl, a grade 2 girl and a brand new foundation girl (which I’m told is the new way we refer to prep class in Victoria – who knew that?). For me that means I will need to organise three of everything over the coming weeks. Uniforms, lunch-boxes, drink bottles, pencil cases, hats, shoes – the list is endless and needless to say with three it’s getting a little pricey. Just as well I’m planning a return to work, otherwise I think I’d have to keep one of them home each year just to make ends meet.
Luckily for me, and my stationery obsessed little clan, this week Target sent us a collection from their Back to School 2014 range so we can try it out and tell you what we think. The girls each got sent one of those beautiful backpacks in the photo above, along with a lunch-box set, drink bottle and, all hail to God for his glorious mercies, a collection of stationery.
What I love most about Target’s Back to School 14 collection is the fact that they seem to have something to suit every budget. Almost all of the items are cute and appealing to kids, with lots of popular characters and trendy colours, but also lots of price points. Of course, as with most things in life, you get what you pay for. The cheaper gear doesn’t feel like it will last as well as its more expensive counterparts – but for the money you pay I have to say it’s still pretty impressive.
Another thing that strikes me about the range is that there are loads of items that are staple stationery needs of every family – and they are all priced really well. Three dollars for a 500 sheet pack of printing paper anyone? (The way that stuff gets used around here I think I’ll be getting a few more of them to ferret away.) I also love the 42 piece stationery set. Only five dollars and filled with all of the back to school essentials. It’s not flashy or branded – but it’s sound quality and will cover most of the those pesky stationery list must haves.
So a big thank-you Target for sending me this lovely back to school gift for my girls – who now have three gorgeous brand new bags to ALL head off to school with in 2014. Gulp! They are delighted (so much so I had to tear the stuff back out of their hands so I could attempt to get pictures) and I have to say I’m very pleased with all of the products and the lovely saving potential they represent for everyone. I think the backpacks are my favourite and not just because they’re on sale!
Target has also kindly given me three $25.00 gift voucher to giveaway to you to help with your own back to school mayhem. To enter simply follow these four steps:
- In the comments below give me your best back to school tip. The best three tips, as judged by me , will win.
- If you’re nice enough to share this giveaway on Facebook then please feel free to leave a second entry comment.
- Follow The Truth About Mummy in any way you like (Facebook, Twitter, Feed, email or Pinterest.)
- Please leave an email address that you check regularly – as giveaways are redrawn if you don’t respond within 5 days.
- Giveaway is open until Midnight 2oth January, 2014
- No entries will be accepted after this time.
- All decision are final and based on skill not luck.
- (Check the T&C tab for full T&C).
- Disclaimer: I order to keep this blog running from time to time I do accept sponsored post. This means that I received compensation to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and/or believe will be good for my readers and all opinions expressed are my own.