PbtlBsKQc7I0sxbpMzyKguLLAVA

A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE JANUARY THINGS

by Caz on January 21, 2014 · 11 comments

Post image for A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE JANUARY THINGS

stamptastic

Have you heard of Stamptastic? It’s a stamp that you can use to name all of your kids stuff.  And I do mean all.   Clothes, toys, stationery, shoes, books, swimming goggles, bags, lunch boxes  - pretty much anything.   And it’s so much easier than writing, sewing or ironing on labels (and then hoping they don’t come  off in the wash).  I love these things and think you will too.

Stamptastic-08

Stamptastic kindly sent me a set of three of their stamps, with my girls names on them,  and I have been madly stamping their stuff ever since – all in the name a good review.    The ink lasts well and the clear plastic stamping block means you can position the stamp in the right place every time.   I honestly love these little stampers and think they are going to make the whole back-to-school routine much easier.    You can check out more at the Stamptastic website.  I think you’ll be glad you did.

bluepagedivider

parakitoimage

Para’Kito is a new product from Europe designed to naturally stop mozzies attacking our kids.   I’m not sure about you but mosquito bites are on my  list of summers most hated things.  Especially as my middle girl reacts with huge swollen sore lumps that last for days.  Para’Kito uses wristbands and bag clips  (RRP $24.95) with refillable pallets containing a blend of 7 essential oils extracted from plants which naturally repel mosquitoes.   There are no chemicals involved which, along with the fact they essential oils don’t touch your skin, makes them totally safe – even for pregnant women.

parakito2

Para’Kito™ pellets last for fifteen days and are waterproof, meaning that swimming,  heavy rain or any general contact with water doesn’t affect its use.  Each band or clip already comes with 2 Para’Kito pellets –  giving you 30 days of protection.  Refill pellets can be bought at Para’Kito’s online  store for  around $8.00 each.

And of course what  you really want to know is do they work?  Well in our limited test period I’m  happy to report that they do. It’s so nice to send my middle pink off outside in the evening knowing she isn’t going to come back inside covered in itchy bites leaving her up all night scratching.   Para’Kito is in my opinion seriously worth considering for anyone who struggles with insect bites.

bluepagedividerleapreader

I have prattled on about how much my kids have enjoyed using LeapFrog products before.   They love them and I enjoy the smug feeling of knowing that with LeapFrog their  screen-time has educational value.  By far my five-year olds favourite  LeapFrog product has been the  new LeapReader pen we were sent to review way back in 2013.

She has had fun getting a head start with learning letters and numbers, but what she has loved most of all is soaking up the information presented in the general knowledge books.  Spending time pointing the pen at the countries of the world (and being told the name and how they say “hello”) and learning the parts of the human body has fascinated her.  Just imagine the bucket load of funny facts she will be taking with her off to school this year.  The poor teachers won’t know what’s hit them.  The pen also holds music and  stories – making it very versatile and an awesome preschool activity.

leapreaderdouble

newsignature

Disclaimer:  From time to time I am sent products for my family and I to review.  Unless otherwise stated no financial incentive  has been offered or accepted.  All opinion are my own and I attempt to be as honest and respectful as possible.

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Sohl March 25, 2014 at 11:01 am

When you need an affordable in the Van Nuys area fast.

2 TC February 24, 2014 at 12:45 am

Stamptastic sounds great no matter how much it costs. Can you imagine sawing the name tags for three kids, especially if they are going to boarding school? You need all their clothes including socks name tagged. This is a great invention.
TC recently posted..Crash Tests Show Luxury Automobiles Aren’t As StrongMy Profile

3 francesca February 5, 2014 at 5:46 am

Hi everyone, thanks for the great comments about the stamp sets!

FYI
An ink pad costs $18.93
A stamp costs $15.15
If you spend over $ 94.67 you will get a 5% discount
If you spend over $189.34 you will get a 10% discount
If you spend over $378.68 you will get a 20% discount

Shipping to Australia costs $9.47 regardless of how many stamps/ink pads you order. We suggest that mums who are buying from overseas club together to share the shipping cost and get the large order discount too. We also recommend that Australian customers pay for Airsure so they can track their orders.

I hope that helps. Any questions please feel free to email me info@stamptastic.co.uk or message us on fb https://www.facebook.com/stamptastic.co.uk

Francesca

4 Nikki Thornton February 3, 2014 at 11:47 am

Oh wow love the stamps! will have to check it out. Also the Mosquito things look good – does it work? My youngest is the same and they just seem to eat her and she swells up..then it’s weeks recovery from scratching etc.

5 media bail bonds January 22, 2014 at 2:43 am

Does your blog have a contact page? I’m having trouble locating
it but, I’d like to send you an email. I’ve got some suggestions for your blog you
might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to
seeing it improve over time.
media bail bonds recently posted..media bail bondsMy Profile

6 Kristen January 21, 2014 at 9:52 am

Love the stamps, just ordered some for my kids! I was just about to order labels so I’ll see how these go first :-)

7 Caz January 21, 2014 at 11:47 am

I honestly don’t think you’ll need the labels Kristen – so yes wait till they arrived before you order them :)
Caz recently posted..A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE JANUARY THINGSMy Profile

8 Toushka Lee ( January 21, 2014 at 8:48 am

I love the look of that stampy thing! off to check it out now.
We bought the Leapfrog world map and tag reader thingo for Millar aaaaages ago. He still loves it and his Geography knowledge is amazeballs. Much better than mine was at three times his age.
Toushka Lee ( recently posted..Organ Pipes National ParkMy Profile

9 Caz January 21, 2014 at 11:48 am

The stampy things are totally great Toushka :) But now I want one with my name too!!
Caz recently posted..A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE JANUARY THINGSMy Profile

10 Shelly B January 21, 2014 at 6:15 am

How much are those stamps? Want. Can I get one before next Wednesday? =)

11 Caz January 21, 2014 at 11:50 am

I’ve been waiting for the rep to get back to me with prices in AU dollars. The company is in the UK. I will add it into the post when she does thou Shell :)
Caz recently posted..2014 Unprocessed – getting my health back on.My Profile