It’s an endless battle around here to find healthy snacks the kids actually enjoy eating. And for that reason I do a little happy dance when I find a new recipe – especially if it’s super easy to make. These Apricot Balls tick all the boxes.
1 cup of dried apricots
Half a cup of shredded coconut
Half cup of oat bran
Quarter of a cup of skim milk powder
2 tablespoons of boiling water.
Blitz the Apricots in the food processor until they look like this.
Add the rest of the ingredients (coconut, oat-bran , skim milk powder and boiling water).
Blitz again until it looks like this. The mixture will be tacky and mould easily into balls.
Roll into balls and cover in coconut. Easy Peasy Mrs Sneezey. And the best part – the kids loved them. Nothing like the smug feeling you get from feeding the kids something home-made (with no added sugar) that they ask for more of. (PS: Oat-bran is just oats milled to a fine consistency.)
Do you have a favourite healthy kids snack recipes? Do share 🙂
- I cup of dried apricots
- Half a cup of shredded coconut
- Half cup of oat bran
- Quarter of a cup of skim milk powder
- 2 tablespoons of boiling water.
- Place apricots in the food processor and blitz
- Add the rest of the ingredients (coconut, oat-bran , skim milk powder and boiling water)
- Blitz again until the mixture is tacky and will easily form into balls
- Roll apricot mixture into balls and roll them in remaining coconut.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container until needed
- I often double this recipe - it's easily done.