I have talked a bit in the past about my own mind battle with the scales – and what I’ve learned about the diet mentality. But in case you missed those post I’ll just let you know that I’m a size 18 and have been since about the time I gave birth to my first child eight years ago. These days I’m much less worried about this than I used to be. Sure I’d still love to drop some of the extra kilos and feel fitter and healthier – but I’m also well aware that I am just as valuable and lovable to the world as I am. I don’t need to get thin be acceptable and frankly neither do you. What it really comes down to for most of us is health and vitality.
As mums we need our energy and we need to know we’re going to be healthy enough to look after our kids for years to come. If losing weight fits into your plan for doing that then I genuinely think Weight Watchers is a good way to go. I went to weight watchers before I had kids and lost 12kgs. Its wasn’t fast or easy but it was balanced supportive and didn’t make me mortgage my home to pay for it.
Unfortunately those 12kgs found me again somewhere between conception and having 3 kids! I honestly believe that was because I was still trying to gain acceptance through being thin – and that my friends will never work.
When Weight Watchers approached me recently to giveaway a basket of their goodies I remembered that their approach is generally a good one and if they can help mums to become more healthy, and be all they can be, then I’m all for it. The hamper includes a stack of non-perishable Weight Watchers approved goods as well as the June issue of Weight Watchers Magazine, Cookbook and an apron. To enter follow these three simple steps:
- Leave a comment below telling why you’d like to win this pack.
- If you are nice enough to share this giveaway on facebook or twitter please feel free to leave a second entry comment.
- Follow The Truth About Mummy in any way you like (facebook, twitter, email or reader feed)
- Giveaway is open until Midnight on the 16th of July, 2012 and has a total value of $90.
- (Check the T&C tab for full T&C).
- Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I received a $30 administration fee and no products for posting this giveaway.