Don’t you love it when things work out just like you want them to? Over the school holidays we headed off on a family road trip to Adelaide. It’s a seven hour trip that takes us about eleven. If you have kids you’ll know the drill. Toilet stops, parks, meal breaks – you spend more time getting in and out of the car then you do driving! Anyhoo the night before we dragged ourselves out of bed at 4.30am to head off a package arrived on my doorstep filled with kids dvds and the Jungle Bunch to review. Bingo. Happy travellers ahoy. Now that’s the type of serendipity I love to encourage to visit me.
The pack was sent to us to celebrate the release of the Jungle Bunch on DVD in late June. It’s the story of Maurice, a penguin who was raised in the jungle and thinks he’s a tiger. When two penguins from his Antarctic homeland come in search of “The Great Tiger Warrior” to defend their colony from an invading herd of walruses, Maurice assembles a misfit team of jungle friends to save the day! Think Madagascar with a tad of Happy Feet thrown in for good measure.
Jungle Bunch is rated G and runs for just over an hour. Meaning it’s safe and short enough to keep little people’s interest from beginning to end. Miss four certainly enjoyed it while road tripping in Bessy Blue car. I was sitting beside her and didn’t hear a peep for the entire hour.
Got a road trip coming up or simply need some more DVDs to entertain the kids. Well the good people at Universal have set aside a copy of the The Jungle Bunch along with Despicable Me, Zhu Zhu Pets and Nim’s Island to giveaway. To enter follow these steps:
- Leave a comment below telling me your favourite advice for a happy road trip.
- If you are nice enough to share this giveaway on facebook or twitter please feel free to leave a second entry comment.
- Follow The Truth About Mummy in any way you like (facebook, twitter, email or reader feed)
- Giveaway is open until Midnight on the 2nd of August and has a total value of approx $100.
- (Check the T&C tab for full T&C).
- Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I received a beautiful set of sheets from I Love Linen to test drive for this post.