I love getting cards in the mail. How awesome does it feel when someone takes the time out of their busy day to buy and then write out a handwritten message to you – that will arrive in a real life mailbox? To me that says so much more than a quick email or facebook message. Unfortunately though I think card sending might be a dying art and that makes me sad. I want to start my own one woman campaign to bring back the joy of sending and receiving cards in the mail. I know, it takes more time and means you have to be a little more organised, but aren’t our friends and family worth it? Come on peoples – let’s send cards
I had already started thinking these card related thoughts when Hallmark contacted me last week and asked if I’d review their newly relaunched interactive cards. Seemed just a little serendipitous! And these Hallmark cards are very cool. They have kept my three little pink people pretty well entertained for the past few days. (Actually I’ve had to hide them away so they don’t completely flatten the card batteries!). Every card in the range does something interactive - be it singing, dancing, lighting up when you blow on it or popping up and surprising you. I actually made my first ever bloggy video to show them off a bit. Unfortunately my camera batter died before I finished but I was so dang proud of myself I’m posting it anyways!
To encourage some more card sending Hallmark have given The Truth About Mummy two beautiful card packs to giveaway. Both have a selection of cards from the interactive range, the licensed Disney range, the polka-dots range, and classic range, as well as a double forever friends CD featuring tracks from The Script, Michael Buble, Delta Goodrem and many others, and a Hallmark recordable storybook. How good is that? The pack is valued at over $115 and should give you around about a years worth of cards. To enter follow these three simple steps:
- Leave a comment below telling me who you would send a card to this week and why? (And feel free to actually go do it – let’s keep card sending alive and well my friends!)
- If you are nice enough to share this giveaway on facebook or twitter please feel free to leave a second entry comment.
- Follow The Truth About Mummy in any way you like (facebook, twitter, email or reader feed)
- Giveaway is open until Midnight 6th of July, 2012 and has a total value of $230.
- (Check the T&C tab for full T&C).
- Disclaimer: I received a 10 pack of interactive Hallmark Cards for completing this review.