I really do feel like I should be on a first name basis with ABC For Kids at this point in my life. Over the past six years there have been very few days when it hasn’t got a look into our daily routine – at least for an hour or so. (I’m not going to frighten myself by adding up how many hours that would mean it’s been on our TV screens.) I also can’t tell you how many times it’s been a total life saver. Whether as a distraction while breast-feeding younger siblings or as comfort for a sick little person or even to pacify a sleep deprived grumpy mummy – it really is my gold medal winner for kids TV viewing. So when I was recently asked to review some ABC For Kids DVD releases I was happy to accept. Today we’re taking look at some cute little under sea adventure hero in Meet The Octonauts.
It’s always pretty easy to gauge how much the little pinks enjoy something by the sparkle in their eyes when it’s mentioned. (My little pink people bring new meaning to the phrase ‘the eyes are the window to soul’ ~ them with their beautiful big blue eyes.) When I mentioned the Octonauts the two littlest pinks sparkle-o-meters went into overdrive. At 5 and 3 they are my biggest ABC for Kids fans and have already fallen in love with the Octonauts. They are quickly engaged from the minute the catchy theme song begins and seems to love the beautiful pictures and crazy caring stories of the undersea animal friends and their heroic adventures. For the rest of us who are a little less familiar here is an excerpt from the Press Release:
The Octonauts follows a team of adventure heroes who dive into action whenever there is trouble under the sea. In a fleet of aquatic vehicles, they rescue amazing sea creatures, explore incredible new underwater worlds and often save the day before returning safely to their home base, the Octopod. Buoyed by the companionship of three leading characters – Captain Barnacles Bear, Lieutenant Kwazii Cat and Medic Peso Penguin – the Octonauts are always ready to embark on an exciting new mission!
- Follow The Truth About Mummy with Google Friends, RSS feed, facebook or email (over in the right hand sidebar).
- Leave a comment below telling me how you follow The Truth About Mummy and another ABC for Kids show that your little people love to watch.
- For an extra entry share this giveaway on Facebook or Twitter leave a second comment telling me you’ve done so.)
- Giveaway closes on the 14th October, 2011 and is open to all Australian residents.
- The winners will be contacted via email and asked for an address for the postal worker to use.
- If the winners does not respond within 48 hours the giveaway will be re-drawn.
- Disclaimer: I received a copy of Meet the Octonauts in order to complete this review and did not receive any form of payment. All opinions expressed are completely my own. Thanks~you for reading and good-luck.
Win- Find the best Online Competitions brought together all in one spot. It’s free and updated daily!